Why Choose Our Camp?
Student Safety & Comfort
- Our camp is located in a secure, gated campus.
- All staff members undergo background checks.
- Our classrooms are equipped with A/C.
- Earlier sign-ups receive lower prices!
- Sibling discounts, military discounts, etc
- Low-income assistance is available upon request.
Growth & Independence
- Students play a major role in their own learning.
- Students "build it" and "test it" themselves (as
much as possible), rather than just watching.
- Leadership program available for older students.
- We offer camps for ages 5-13. Great for siblings!
- Extended care available → AM and PM.
- 1 snack provided each day.
- Activities are as hands-on as possible.
- Engaging the mind and the body together creates
a richer and more lasting experience for students.
Awesome Art Projects
- Art projects fit the camp's weekly themes.
- Projects range from drawing to designing, to building.
- We emphasize creative freedom.
Something for Everyone
- ALL NEW themes are released each year.
- Topics are based on parent/student suggestions.
- We cover new subjects daily that fit a weekly theme.
- Subjects range from hard sciences like Chemistry,
to silly sciences like Superhero Science.
Who We Are
Brian Hurst - Founder
Brian is a science enthusiast with diverse interests and pursuits. As a child, he participated in Astronomy Club, NASA field trips, FSEA (Future Scientists and Engineers of America), and GATE. At that time, his favorite subjects were rocks, space, dinosaurs, and "building stuff".
As a teenager, he discovered his passion and enthusiasm for working with and teaching children including a wide variety of students with special needs. He has worked in exciting environments with kids including Pump It Up, Silva Martial Arts, and even at the Tech Museum as a Mythbuster! When he finally combined this passion with his love of the sciences, The Science Factory was born!
As an adult, Brian has owned multiple children's programs, and become an Economics Lecturer with SJSU (San Jose State University), where he completed his MA in Applied Economics. Although his degree is in economics, he has always enjoyed the sciences. In fact, the critical thinking he learned from the sciences is what lead him to economics.
Jennifer Hurst - Co-founder and Curriculum Consultant
Jennifer is a graduate of Santa Clara University, with a BS in Biochemistry, and a minor in Biotechnology. During school, she worked in the university’s microbiology lab as a researcher and was twice published as a co-author for her work with Caulobacter.
She has had an enthusiasm for science all of her life. In elementary school, she built a hydroelectric generator for her science fair project. She also participated in the GATE Program, as well as several science camps. Her favorite subject was Anatomy, and she always wanted to be a teacher.
In high school and early college, Jennifer nannied, coached children’s gymnastics, and instructed at Silva Martial Arts. Her scientific career has since included various biomedical technology startups and computer programming, which makes her an ideal candidate to assist with curriculum creation, website design, and business management.
For details on this section, please visit our desktop site.